What do I need to play?
When you come first you can borrow a racquet to give it a try. If you decide to come regularly you’ll need to buy a racquet. See below for sport shops.
Where do we play?
We meet at Avalon Recreation Center, 59 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon NSW 2107. It’s beside the library and between Avalon’s Woolworths and RSL club.
Can I come and play casually?
Yes, but you’ll need to become a member of Sydney Central Badminton. See insurance page for more details.
What is the cost?
$10 per session and $30 annually for Sydney Central Badminton membership which includes insurance.
Is there coaching?
There is always someone to help you gets started and to improve your game. Occasionnally we have a visiting coach.
Who is the main contact?
Contact Brian onĀ 0415 476 308 or email info@avalonbadminton.com
Where can I buy badminton equipments on the Northern Beaches?
You can buy a racquet and sports equipment at Rebel Sport (145 Old Pittwater Road) at Warringah Mall in Brookvale or on eBay
Where can I restring my racquet?
You can restring any racquet at Mona Vale Tennis Centre. Call Phil Davis 99796772 or mobile 0410523726.
Why do I need insurance?
It is a council requirement.